Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation

Lots of knitting, that's what. Having so much time off allowed me to be a bit ADD with my projects, and it was really fun! I abandoned the Jaywalkers I was working on temporarily and started a few new projects. First up, a collegue at work was expecting his first child at any moment when I left for vacation. They knew they were having a girl, so I decided to make her a hat. Little Eva was welcomed to the world on Tuesday, so Daddy's at home with her for the next couple weeks, but when he comes back this will be waiting on his desk.


I love this lace pattern. A lot. There is a secret project that I spent quite a bit of time on over my vacation using this stitch pattern. Unfortunately I ran out of yarn, and of course it is discontinued, so the grand revealing of the project will have to wait until I've hunted down another skein. Sigh. I shall persevere though, and if all goes well, there may be an original pattern available here soon!

I also started a purse as a birthday present for one of my bestest friends. Its' going a lot quicker than I thought it would - a nice change from my usual scramble to finish things in time.

On Monday I picked the Jaywalkers back up. Monday night I was hanging out with my best friend, and had just cast on for the second sock. His boyfriend looked at the bit of yarn wrapped around a tangle of tiny needles I had in my hands and said...


"Are you building a raft?"


Hannah had a good vacation too, she hung out...













And slept.


No comments: